Friday, March 11, 2011

Met a guy that remembered me from college. He remembered artwork I did there 28 years ago.

It's really great when people remember me. Even remember artwork I did. Artwork I had forgotten I did. That's got to be one of the biggest compliments anyone can give you.
I had put that artwork in a folder in the bottom of a metal chest many years ago, but something about that work impressed him enough to remember me. He wasn't even in the same college course I was doing, so I didn't remember him.
I would hope that everyone has had something similar happen to them. I'm sure there are people out there that remember you by the work you did many years ago. I bet you can look back and remember works from other people, and think, "That work was really good". Do you know why some works stick in your mind? They stay with you because those works spoke to you. You were receptive to the subject because of the way you are.
The things you're happy to remember, are the things you're happy to experience. I would say most people are remembered for their originality. The things that surprised their audience. The thinks that changed the way we look at the world. The things that were truly creative. What do your want to be remembered for?

For the 'being born creative' series (childhood creativity)
You can find Steve at www.ineedtocreate.com

No comments:

Post a Comment